- Arizona Patient Safety Advocates
- Hospital and Medical Negligence Attorneys
- Arizona Personal Injury Injury Attorneys & Consumer Safety Advocates
- Winning Works LLC A Trial Consulting Firm
- Jury Consulting and Research
- Alabama Personal Injury Attorneys
- Arizona Suicide Prevention
- North Dakota Personal Injury Attorney
Friday, December 30, 2011
Have you ever heard the saying, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?”
New research done by Mark Seery and colleagues at the University of Buffalo has found that there may actually be some truth in it.
Some horrible experiences, such as being assaulted, can cause psychological damage, but less drastic life challenges can help you develop psychological resilience.
People that have gone through negative life events also have the highest level of mental toughness.
These people who have been through difficult experiences have had an opportunity to develop their ability to cope and to learn how to get help from family and friends when they need it, Seery said.